Friday 3 September 2010

Day 73 Why is it cutomary to propose on one knee ?


I am fast running out of knee related items to tickle your fancy with... (let me know if you think of any I havn't yet covered!) and I'm sure you don't want to hear about every tiny twinge I get in the offending joint... so I might not be posting every day from now onwards. Only if something spectacular happens - like running for the bus etc !

Though I might post bits that take my fancy even if they are not knee related.....


The custom of proposing on one knee hearkens back to the days of knighthood and chivalry when it was customary for a knight to dip his knee in a show of servitude to his mistress and his master.

The knight would kneel before a tournament and wait for "his" lady to toss him her ribbon or colors, as an indication of her favor.




Storks however may have a slight problem..

But they must overcome it !!
             
                          

No comments: