Saturday 17 July 2010

Day 24 Housemaids Knee

One of my favorite writers is - Jerome K. Jerome. His book "Three Men in a Boat" is about a river trip by three friends and Montmorency, the dog.Their decision to make the journey is triggered by the following : 

I remember going to the British Museum one day to read up the treatment for some slight ailment of which I had a touch - hay fever, I fancy.

I discovered that I had typhoid fever and wondered what else I had got.


Turned up St. Vitus's Dance ,
found, as I expected, that I had that too. Then began to get interested and so started alphabetically - read up ague, and learnt that I was sickening for it.

The only thing I didn't seem to have was housemaid's knee.



Not what's wrong with my knee of course, as I don't wash the floor on my knees.
I have one of these.............




No comments: