Tuesday 10 August 2010

Day 48 Driving & Cycling

You are not allowed to drive for at least 6 to 8 weeks after the operation, and depending on which leg has been operated on, one's  reaction times are important (left or right leg).

But my doctor said I could start driving CAREFULLY, so Leo took me out to a deserted parking lot to practise.....




It went really well. I was afraid I'd have to bend my knee too much, but it was not the case. the only problem is getting into the car with my right (operated) leg first (don't foget we drive on the right here!)  
 


So I shall be taking a few short journey's in the vicinity, to get used to driving again.




##################################################

The 'cycling' session at the sport school didn't start of to well. Jacqueline set the saddle at mark 6 but my knee didn't like it one bit. Mark 7 wasn't good either, but eventually with the saddle almost as high as it would go (mark 8) I could just about get my leg to make the rotation.



I need about 10 to 20º degrees more bend before I even consider getting on my trusty stead. This may take a few weeks to achieve...




But at least Holland is flat :~))




Then there is still the question of getting my back straightened out.



It's not as bad than it was when I came out of hospital, but physio to prevent problems in the future seems to be the way to go.

No comments: