Thursday 12 August 2010

Day 50 Been there, Done that & Work ethics

I don't really wear tee-shirts, but if I did, I'd certainly want one of these !

I can't exactly say that I love my new knee as yet, but I will once it's settled down.








So I now have my dandy exercise 'bike' to use, plus all the other exercises and the cooling with ice several times a day......






There's a reception today for a colleague who is retiring. I am going to drive myself there and back VERY CAREFULLY and not drink anything but juice !

I'll be able to catch up with all the office gossip and make a plan for going in a couple of half days next week.



They have offered to chauffeur me back and forth until I can get there under my own steam :~))





Here in Holland they are much more lenient about sick leave etc, especially in the public sector
(This is not openly admitted to by the organisations, but a well known public secret !!!).

One is advised to :
"Take your time to recover"
"Don't rush things"

In the US or the UK one's boss would be asking "When are you coming back??" on a regular basis !

But here it's very laid back and one is not pressured at all. Which is, I suppose, a good thing, but the old work ethic that I inherited from my father ....
(If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well) still seems to be in working order !! So I shall indeed try to slowly pick up where I left of 8 weeks ago.



Holland  < >  USA
 


No comments: